- The Architect will be responsible for all areas relating to the creation of designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments.
- The Architect stays involved throughout the construction process, adapting their plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- The Architect will also work closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers.
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
- HND/B.SC in Architecture
- 2-3 years of experience in Architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Must reside in Lagos