TITLE: PROJECT ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Engineer is required to coordinate and execute the scope of the offshore construction project to support the Project Manager to meet project deliverables on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures planning and execution complies with contractual requirements.
- Develop project schedule and perform timely adherence reporting on the progress and performance of the project to the schedule and budget.
- Coordinates project execution and planning with the operations department and vessel superintendent.
- Prepares project logistics plan/equipment prep in cooperation with operations and all support functions.
- Manages and coordinates all project installation engineering between design/ engineering, material procurement, load out design and transportation of line pipe and offshore installation activities.
- Responsible for the interface with the client, engineering department, operations department and subcontractor/contractor companies to ensure project documentation complies with contractual requirements.
- Work with Procurement department to ensure all requests for quotation accompany a fully defined scope of services. Expedite purchases and ensure that proper documentations are followed up as per procedure
- Provides progress reports on the status of work packages to Project Manager (PM).
- Attends project kick off and general meetings with client.
- Creates and maintains an updated MDR (Master Document Register) based on the scope of work, technical specifications and contractual requirements.
- Prepares procedures with regards to the project and distributes project procedures to internal departments and ensure comments are incorporated to documents for circulation before submitting to client.
- Assists PM with coordination of materials, equipment procurement, and mobilizations and demobilizations of subcontractor companies.
- Assists PM to ensure safety, health, quality and environmental requirements are met throughout contract life.
- Communicates possible changes in the scope of work to project manager (applicable to contractor companies or client).
- Responsible for providing coaching to field/installation engineers and supervising their work.
- Works offshore or at different onshore sites when required
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Minimum Degree in Mechanical / Structural / Civil, Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering
- Min 5 years’ relevant work experience in a similar position in the offshore Construction industry, with exposure in multi-discipline projects (Onshore/Offshore) in Oil & Gas / Marine Industry and preferably with an installation contractor.
- Candidate to have a strong background and hands-on experience with offshore pipeline/platform installation engineering and project execution
- Good understanding of Engineering, Procurement and Construction processes (eg. offshore pipelay, platform installation, marine works, etc.)
- Possesses thorough knowledge of contractual documentation (contract, waivers, addendums, annexes, scope changes, contractual schedule, etc.)
- Sound knowledge to plan and coordinate detailed aspects of the engineering work. Ability to prepare scopes, man-hour budgets and schedules for assignments
- Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Able to work well independently and in a team
- Able to manage stress and work fast in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Primavera, MS Project & AutoCAD software applications