Nigerian Navy is a branch under the Armed Forces of Nigeria., which also have the Nigerian Army and Nigeria Airforce. Lately, the functions of the Nigerian Navy include ensuring that Nigeria waterways are properly guarded to eliminate sea piracy, crude oil theft, and many other crimes on water.
The Nigerian Navy is among the largest navies in Africa with heavy personnel including those of Coast Guard.
Many Nigerians wish to join the Nigeria Navy because of the prestige attached to the Force. Well, if you dream of being a naval officer, this piece is all you need to be armed with all the information you need because it is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Nigerian Navy recruitment which is done online.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR NIGERIAN NAVY 2017 RECRUITMENT EXERCISE
- Applicants should possess any of the following educational and/professional qualifications:
- West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guilds.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- All applicants must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
- Applicants are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
- Any applicant possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA/BSc, etc other than those stated in Paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false educational/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal and hand over to Civil Police for prosecution.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while in the naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years at the time of entry into the Training School for school certificate holders, while 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE Holders, ICT Professionals, etc.
- Applicants must not be married or have children before joining.
- Applicant is required to print out Parent/Guardian Consent Form and Local Government Attestation Form.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Applicants with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, and previous orthopaedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70, Female 1.67), fracture, stammering or any natural disability.
- Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
- Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Photocopies of Credentials.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
- Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by any of the persons mentioned in Sub-Paragraph (c) above.
- Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO and WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
- The completed application form is to be submitted online.
- Applicants will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in Paragraph 1 before recruitment.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such applicant shall also be handed over to the Civil Police for prosecution.
- The date for the Recruitment Aptitude Test is 7 October 2017.
- Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s Application ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary.
Any candidate found to have forged documents, impersonating or cheating in any form will be disqualified and handed over to the police for prosecution
Computer literate applicants have more advantage
Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course (DSSC) Requirements
Qualification: Applicants MUST have a minimum of second class upper degree for BSC holders and upper credit for HND holders with good computer skill.
Height: Height requirement is the same as the one above
Age: Applicants MUST be between 22 and 28 years of age, but for imams and priests, they shouldn’t be more than 30 years.
Applicants who wish to apply for Nigerian Navy for Direct Short Service Commission Course MUST meet the requirements above and those listed in DSS except for age and height.
Online Registration:, visit the recruitment portal on www.joinnigeriannavy.com,.for all more of any other information needed.
Fill out the Form Correctly: you are almost there, now complete the online application form and print out a copy for yourself for test that you see on the page from the portal above. Crosscheck the details you have given before finally submitting the form. Ensure you are honest with filling out the form and do it carefully so that you don’t make mistakes.
Follow Up for Test: This is the final stage on how to apply for Nigerian Navy. Check the website with your login details to know when the exam is fixed. A shortlist of applicants who are eligible to do the test is published on the website. You should be able to see your name and center if you are a successful candidate for the test
Attend the Test: Come to the designated test center with the requirements listed above (both originals and photocopies) and the printed copy of the application form.
This piece is step-by-step process on how to apply for Nigerian Navy entrance exam online as well as the dos and don’ts involved in the test. All applicants who wish to participate in this test must follow all the instructions carefully so that you are not disqualified or punished. It is also important to note that Nigerian Navy officials who conduct these exams do not condone misconduct in the exam hall during the test as they are always ready to punish anyone found wanting. The Nigerian Navy recruitment exercise is done online and it is divided into DSS and DSSC.
it is well !!!
Author: Temitayo Olojede | Career Advisor | Job mandate | firstname.lastname@example.org